November 28 2014, by Alexandre Dreyfus
Blog – Alex Dreyfus – My letter to SantAmaya
Dear Santa Claus,
Today is Black Friday – the real one – and I realize that I’ve never written to you before, most likely because all my life you’ve always known what I’ve needed and generally been great. Now 2014 is coming to an end; I’ve been a very good boy and I once again hope that I’ll be on your “Nice List”. You see Santa, I’ve really worked hard, I’ve made time for my family, and I’ve even gotten married! Normally I’d have faith you’d know that without me having to say a word though.
Yet this year I feel the need to write you, because I’m not so sure you’ll guess what I want this holiday season. Or should I say, what I’ll wish for. It’s like in the movies, where an actor wishes for something on behalf of someone else. Even in a wish like that, there’s always selfish interests, and there’s some in my wish list too:
- I wish for Pokerstars to not forget Poker in 2015. Your line was “Find the Poker Star in you”. Hopefully you’ll not forget to find the “Poker in you”.
- I wish for Pokerstars to remember that Poker is the foundation of the company, and sometime the time spent on diversification may eventually affect its grassroots, stopping the innovation and disruption thats needed to continue creating growth in your market.
- I wish for Pokerstars to realize that its rake increase will affect the lives of Poker Ambassadors, the Heroes. These are aspirational individuals for casual/ recreational players.
- I know that you take the best decisions that make sense for the company, for its shareholders, but I wish you to remember that the journey is long. Long term decisions will always pay better that short term ones.
- I wish for Pokerstars to acquire a Sportsbook (along with a strong casino) but do so without making the mistakes made by Party.Bwin and Betclic-Expekt-Everest. Please SantAmaya, remember what Mrs. Claus always said : Bigger is not always better.
I know that you’ve been on a diet, recently, and I’m happy you’ve finally shown off your sporty shape. I’m a bit concerned though, that you’re enjoying your new-found diet too much, and that you’ll get too skinny. No one want’s a skinny Santa.
So SantAmaya, I know you’ve received a lot of letters already, including many complaints. And I know you have much to do, and many people to please. But just remember – you still have many supporters out there, and they still all believe in you.
I’m a naive child in the kinder-garden, I’m a dreamer and I’m not as wise or experienced as you are, Santa, but I think that sometimes a partner is a good partner by sharing what he thinks.
About the author