Global Poker Awards Fans Choice Voting Kicks Off
- Fans to determine the winners in four categories
- First Round voting on now
- Watch live exclusively on PokerGO®
LAS VEGAS, January 31, 2023 – Fans will once again have their say at the 4th Global Poker Awards, determining the winners in four categories: Poker Personality, Best Trophy, Best Hand and the debut of Fave Live Stream.
People’s Choice for Poker Personality
Write-in submission for Poker Personality have already begun as fans are asked to submit the name of their fave poker personality from the 2022 poker season.
Opening round voting is also open for the Best Trophy, Best Hand and Fave Live Stream categories. GPA voting panel members made their initial choices and the finalists are now known for each category:
- EPT Main Event Trophy
- LAPC Remington Trophy
- PGT Stairway to Millions Trophy
- Seminole Hard Rock Poker Open Trophy
- Triton Poker Trophy
- WPA – Women’s Poker Association Trophy
- WPT Mike Sexton Champions Cup
- WSOP Main Event Bracelet
- Wynn Millions Main Event Trophy
- Alan Keating wins biggest pot in US broadcast history
- Daniel Negreanu hits runner-runner quads on way to SHRB victory
- David Diaz lays down absolute monster on Day 7 of WSOP Main Event
- Insane Patrick Antonius hero call in Triton Poker Super High Roller Series
- Jørstad and Attenborough play marathon hand heads-up in WSOP Main
- Negreanu v Ivey v Antonius on High Stakes Poker
- PapoMC pulls monster bluff in WSOP Main Event
- Phil Hellmuth talks himself into going all-in with Q4 against Foxen’s 99
- Wild J4 vs 89 hand between Robbi Jade Lew and Garrett Adelstein
- YoH Viral folds AA against KK on the flop in 200K pot
- EPT Live
- Hustler Casino Live
- King’s Casino livestreams
- Live at the Bike! Poker Stream
- Poker at the Lodge
- Triton Poker
- World Poker Tour
Fans can make their selections until this coming Monday, February 6th.
The GPI will then announce the Final Four nominees in each category on Tuesday, February 7th where fans will once again be asked to make their selections.
Fans can vote once per round (one vote per name, email, IP) and votes from the first round will carry-over to the Final Four voting round.
Fans, finalists and nominees are encouraged to take to social media to show support for their fave selections!
Winners of the Fans Choice Awards will be announced at the 4th Global Poker Awards, streamed exclusively on PokerGO® March 3rd, 2023 starting at 5:30 pm PT / 8:30 pm ET.
For further information:
PR & Communications Manager
Global Poker Index® (GPI) is live tournament poker’s ranking authority – classifying more than 640,000 active players from over 100 countries across over 30,000 festivals. GPI’s Hendon Mob Poker Database™ (THM) has archived over 514,000 live poker tournaments and 4 million individual results and is continually updated via real-time data collection from over 2,200 partner venues. Global Poker Index and The Hendon Mob are trading names of Mediarex Group, a global sports, and entertainment organization, founded in Malta in 2012. For more information, visit http://globalpokerindex.com/ and http://thehendonmob.com/
PokerGO® is the world’s largest poker content company delivering poker’s most premier live events around the world to consumers. The platform delivers more than 100 days of live poker on an annual basis, streaming PokerGO® owned and operated tournaments such as the Super High Roller Bowl, Poker Masters, U.S. Poker Open, and PokerGO Cup, along with select World Series of Poker final tables and more. PokerGO’s video-on-demand library includes original content that provides unmatched access to the world of poker, including “High Stakes Poker,” “No Gamble, No Future,” and “High Stakes Duel.” PokerGO® curates programming that spans from expert commentary on the game to tales of iconic moments in poker history, to behind-the-scenes interviews with notable poker stars and more. For more information, please visit http://www.pokergo.com/. Become a part of the PokerGO® community on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, and Discord.