July 08 2021, by Hans Kleinsman
Wynn Millions winner Andrew Moreno earns GPI Player of the Month honors
– Moreno added three other scores in June in order to win the month
– GPI re-launches Player of the Month results for first time in 16 months
LAS VEGAS, July 8, 2021 – The very last June event to be completed determined the GPI Player of the Month as Andrew Moreno’s victory in the Wynn Millions allowed him to jump to the top spot, earning GPI Player of the Month honors for the first time of his career.
Moreno, who won twice this month while collecting a total of four results, took the title away from John Riordan, who had taken over from Brock Wilson and others as events that started in June were coming to an end at this month.
ANDREW MORENO – JUNE 2021 AT A GLANCE
- June 10-14 – 22nd/2,011 at MSPT Venetian in Las Vegas – 214.23 pts
- June 14-16 – 1st/637 in UltimateStack at Venetian in Las Vegas – 315.41 pts
- June 17-20 – 127th/1,312 in NLHE event at Wynn in Las Vegas – 100.60 pts
- June 25-2 – 1st/1,328 at Wynn Millions in Las Vegas – 721.07 pts
Moreno currently sits 17th in the 2021 GPI Player of the Year race and ranks #17 in the GPI Global Rankings.
Back-to-back GPI Player of the Year Alex Foxen and current 2021 GPI PoY leader Ali Imsirovic earned Top 10 finishes, as did another former GPI PoY, and PokerGO U.S. Poker Open Golden Eagle trophy winner David Peters.
Leaderboards for all official races can be found here.
THE POKER SHOW PODCAST
The boys are back to talk about the massive success that was the Wynn Millions, the return of the GPI rankings, Andrew Moreno’s Player of the Month performance and so much more on this edition of The Poker Show.
GPI PLAYER OF THE MONTH – JUNE 2021
GLOBAL POKER INDEX RANKINGS
2021 GPI PLAYER OF THE YEAR
2021 GLOBAL FEMALE PLAYER OF THE YEAR
2021 GPI MID-MAJOR PLAYER OF THE YEAR
About the author