Find in GPI
search players, rankings, news, events and casinos
Calculate your GPI score with our score tool
Fill your agenda or book your seat in the upcoming events
WPT World Championship
April 25-29, 2015
Borgata Hotel, Casino & Spa
Atlantic City, NJ, USA
Apr 14 - 29, 2015 at Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
Atlantic City, NJ, United States
May 1 - 11, 2015 at Merit Crystal Cove Hotel-Casino
Poker Industry Report
We hope you find our Report insightful and useful. If you would like to subscribe to receive our future Quarterly Reports or would like to request customized reports or corporate packages, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Global Poker Index is very proud to present you with the Inaugural Edition of the Quarterly Poker Industry Report. This Report is the product of a long-term vision we initiated 8 months ago. One of our intentions was to develop tools that help the poker industry to have a better knowledge of itself. It is our corporate belief this is the only way for the poker industry to re-invent itself.
We offer our Inaugural Edition at no-cost and will soon be accepting requests for paid-subscriptions, to follow these trends. A lot of information is already available in this free trial, but this is just the beginning in our exploration of poker trends. Our team of experts are hard at work developing new and expanded content for our next Edition due out in August.
The Inaugural Edition provides:
- 36 pages of information on global and regional tournament dollars, players, and events
- Data from over 12,000 poker tournaments
- Information on tour operations; including World Series of Poker, European Poker Tour, and World Poker Tour, etc.
- Total live tournament dollars and players at venues; including Rio, Borgata, Commerce, San Remo, etc.
- Statistics on the largest state and country markets in the US and Europe
- An Appendix containing detailed information on nearly all live tournament markets worldwide regardless of size
Did You Know?…..
- 2012 is the first year in the last decade that growth in live tournaments globally was flat
- Nearly one billion dollars were paid in buy-ins to live tournaments in 2012
- North America and Europe hold 91% of the global market share
- The Pokerstars Caribbean Adventure contributes more dollars to the market than all of Canada
- France is the largest European market followed by Italy and Spain
- Tournament dollars tripled in Macau in 2012